- Candidate in Philosophy, Hispanic Literatures, UCLA (2020)
- M.A. Hispanic Literatures, UCLA (2018)
- B.A. Spanish Peninsular and Latin American Literatures (Summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa), UC Berkeley (2016)
- A.A. Political Science, Southwestern College (2013)
My primary research interests are 20th and 21st century Latin American, Mexican, and Chicanx literatures and cultures. In particular, I am interested in how immigrants and immigration are represented in contemporary literature and cultural production. Among my multiple interests are Mexico-U.S. relations, immigration law in the U.S., border studies, political history, and protest art.
Publications & Presentations
- “From Research to Action”. 35th NAGPS National Conference: Creating Connections: Strengthening Grad Student Governments and Student Groups. Virtual Conference. November 19, 2021.
- “Make Your Voice Heard: Undocumented Students at UC, Free Speech, Civic and Political Engagement”. UC National Center for Free Speech for Civic and Political Engagement. Fellows in the Field. October 1, 2021.
- “Undocumented Students at the University of California System and the First Amendment: Free Speech, Civic and Political Engagement”. XXXIX International Congress of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA). Virtual conference, initially to be held in Vancouver, Canada. May 26-29, 2021.
- “Muros y murales: Arte urbano como forma de protesta en ambos lados de la frontera México-Estados Unidos”. XXXVIII International Congress of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA). May 13-16, 2020.
- “Anti-Mexican Sentiment in the U.S.: Myths, Hispanophobia and the War on Immigrants”. XXXVII International Congress of the Latin American Studies Association (LASA). Boston, Massachusetts. May 24-27, 2019.
- “Protest Art in Today’s Political Momentum: From the Streets of Mexico City to Westwood’s Favorite Pizzeria”. 16th Annual UCLA S&P Graduate Students Conference: Taking it to the Street: Politics, Aesthetics, and Representations of the Street. Los Angeles, California. April 30, 2019.
- “Detrás de sus ojos: Miradas enigmáticas al rugir de los volcanes en Cenizas de Izalco de Claribel Alegría y Darwin J. Flakoll”. Symposium on Trauma, Memory and Justice in Central American and Mexican Culture. Los Angeles, California. December 3, 2018.
- “Rastros con Rostros: Entrevistas con Montserrat Armengou, Brad Epps y Alberto Fuguet”. UCLA Párrafo Magazine: Revista de literatura, cine y cultura, No. 9. 2018.
- “Call Us By Our Names?: Challenging or Perpetuating Sexual Identities in LQS”. 116th Annual PAMLA Conference. Bellingham, Washington. November 9-11, 2018.
- “Los otros placeres del cadete: Sexualidades fluidas en La ciudad y los perros de Mario Vargas Llosa”. UCLA Affects and Effects: A Meta Feminist Conference. Los Angeles, California. April 19, 2018.
- “Unmasking the Anglo-Texan Legend in Américo Paredes’ With His Pistol in His Hand”. 14th Annual UCLA S&P Graduate Student Conference: Power Discourses. Los Angeles, California. April 14, 2017