Key Check Out Form
UCLA Department of Spanish & Portuguese offers available rooms for university business. Please review our policies below before submitting a key loan reservation request.
Please complete this form to submit a short-term or long-term key request. Once you complete this form, please allow 1-2 business days for a staff member to contact you to pick up your key(s).
Spanish & Portuguese Key Policies
- Key loans are not guaranteed and are subject to availability and approval.
- Lost keys are subject to a $20 replacement fee (per key). A lost key requires that you pay the fee and may revoke your key privileges.
- The individual who checks out the key is responsible and held accountable for the safe keeping and return of the keys to the Department. They agree not to transfer the keys to another individual.
- For keypad codes, individuals agree to not share or disseminate their code to other individuals.
- Offices, common areas, and buildings must be locked after official business hours (normally Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) to maintain security.
- For events and short-term use, keys must be picked up during our normal hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM) and returned before 5:00pm on the first business day following the final day of use.
- Lost, broken, and/or stolen keys must be reported in writing to the Department Coordinator as soon as possible.
- All keys for the UCLA Spanish & Portuguese rooms and spaces remain the property of the Department and cannot be retained for personal use.
- All keys must be returned if:
- Employee transfers to another department or office.
- Employee is terminated, retires, or resigns.
- Employee is no longer an affiliate of UCLA or the Spanish & Portuguese Department.
- Employee no longer requires access to the space.