The Graduate Student Affairs Officer is responsible for graduate affairs for the department. Duties include the following:
- Manage all aspects of graduate affairs, including counseling, outreach, alumni relations, career development, placement programs, degree requirements, academic progress, funding, awards and fellowships, and course scheduling.
- Process hiring and payroll for Academic Student Employees and Graduate Student Researchers.
- Organize all graduate-related events, such as the Open House, Orientation, and Doctoral Hooding Celebration.
- Serve on the Graduate Affairs Committee and assist with graduate-related items for the Undergraduate Affairs Committee.
- Provide back-up services for the Undergraduate Student Affairs Officer.