- M.A. Hispanic Language & Literature, Seoul National University (2020)
- B.A. Hispanic Language & Literature and Economics, Seoul National University (2017)
My research focuses on L2 & L3 acquisition, experimental phonetics and phonology. In particular, I am interested in L1 and L2 influences on Spanish phoneme perception and production. I am also interested in experimental research methods and quantitative analysis.
Lately, I’ve been working on Spanish vowel perception and production by Korean learners.
- Kim, J. K. (2020). Acoustical Analysis of Spanish Vowel Production by Korean Learners, Revista Asiática de Estudios Iberoamericanos, 31(1), 23-52. https://www.earticle.net/Article/A374157.
- Kim, J. K. (2019). Spanish Vowel Perception by Korean Learners of Spanish: Korean Learners Do Not Perceive Spanish ‘O’ as ‘O’, Journal of Arts and Humanities, 8(12), 43-56. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18533/journal.v8i12.1797.
- Kim, J. K. (2019). La novela-diario como estructura simbólica en “Tlactocatzine, del jardín de Flandes”, de Carlos Fuentes, Sincronía, 75, 195-208. e-ISSN: 1562-384X
- Kim, J. K. (October, 2019). - Spanish Vowel Production by Korean Learners of Spanish: Can Adult Learners Produce Spanish Vowels Like Native Speakers?, Hispanic Linguistics Symposium, University of Texas at El Paso, TX.