The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) manages the Rolfe/Campbell Humanities Group, which oversees the Department of Spanish & Portuguese and the Department of Linguistics and splits time between the two departments. Duties include the following:
- All department operations, including financial management, payroll/personnel, human resources, student affairs, instructional and information technology, facilities and space management, development and donor relations, department communication, international partnerships, and strategic planning.
- Oversee course scheduling and teaching budget requests, working closely with the Chair, Director of Language Programs, and Student Affairs Officers.
- Supervise all staff, office schedules, and onboarding.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Chair.
- Serve as the primary Department Security Administrator (DSA) along with the Fund Manager and the primary Building Coordinator.