For advising information, visit the Advising page.
The Undergraduate Student Affairs Officer is responsible for undergraduate affairs for the department. Duties include the following:
- Primary responsibility of approximately 600 undergraduate students in 5 majors and 4 minors, including academic/personal advising, scheduling and enrollment, degree requirements and progress, alumni relations, and programming and outreach.
- Manage inquiries regarding the Language Program and Exams and disseminate results for the Language Proficiency Exams, working closely with the Director of Language Programs.
- Oversee course scheduling for three subject areas (SPAN, PORTGSE, IL AMER).
- Oversee the Travel Study program.
- Organize all undergraduate-related events, such as commencement, travel study info sessions, and open houses.
- Serve on the Undergraduate Affairs Committee.